- 1kg leg of lamb with the bone
- 6 fresh oregano sprigs (you can use dry if you cannot get fresh
- 5 cloves garlic
- 8 sprigs of fresh thyme(you can use dry if you cannot get fresh)
- 1 tsp (5ml) mustard seeds
- Salt and pepper – to taste
- 1 Tbsp (30ml) olive oil
- Place oregano, garlic, thyme and mustard seeds in a pestle and mortar and crush to a fine paste
- Season generously with salt and black pepper and stir in the olive oil.
- Rub the herbed paste all over the lamb and leave to marinate in the fridge overnight
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Place a wire rack, scattered with extra thyme, in a roasting tin and place the lamb on top
- Roast lamb for 20 minutes per 500g for medium, or a little longer for well done
- Remove lamb from oven and allow to rest in a warm place, covered with foil for 20 minutes, before carving